Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police and Security and the technical supervision of the Radio Communication Center Supervisor, the Dispatcher/Communications Officer receives complaints and messages and dispatches responses as necessary. No supervisory responsibilities. The Dispatcher/Communications Officer Analyst must be dedicated to the Authority’s mission and vision and will uphold the shared values of commitment, respect, accountability, excellence and safety to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Prior dispatcher experience preferred.
- Ability to speak in a clear, concise manner, communicates effectively, and interacts well with the public and staff.
- Ability to work any shift and when called in for emergencies.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computers.
- Ability to type at least 30wpm.
- Ability to record radio and telephone messages accurately.
- Ability to learn and obtain certification from the Law Enforcement Automated Data Systems (LEADS).
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.