Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP)
Under the direction of a higher classified employee, the Eligibility Specialist performs annual recertification and interim re-examinations to determine continuing eligibility status for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. Receive family background data and analyze/calculate financial information to determine applicant and participant eligibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
One to two years prior experience in a program serving low-income clientele or social service area. Experience in the Housing Choice Voucher Program as Program Assistant, scheduler or other related job duties preferred.
- Broad knowledge of federal, state and local statues, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines related to low-income housing and social services, with emphasis on HCVP guidelines.
- Broad knowledge of organizational development, management, and business operations.
- Ability to deal with many variables and determine specific courses of action.
- Ability to gather and classify information and prepare meaningful, concise, and accurate reports.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with external organizations and agency personnel.
- Ability to analyze mathematical/financial data.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.