Under the general supervision of the Chief of Police and Security and the technical supervision of the Radio Communication Center Supervisor, the Dispatcher/Communications Officer receives complaints and messages and dispatches responses as necessary. No supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Prior dispatcher experience preferred.
- Ability to speak in a clear, concise manner, communicates effectively, and interacts well with the public and staff.
- Ability to work any shift and when called in for emergencies.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate computers.
- Ability to type at least 30wpm.
- Ability to record radio and telephone messages accurately.
- Ability to learn and obtain certification from the Law Enforcement Automated Data Systems (LEADS).
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.
POSTING DATE: 2/1/2012
CLOSING DATE: N/A
Close Window | Print Details