Under the supervision of a superior officer, a Police Officer performs a variety of general and specific police functions in assigned area in order to preserve and protect life and property, enforce laws and ordinances, and prevent and detect crime on CMHA premises. These tasks require an understanding of department operations, and state, local and federal statues, and involve an element of personal risk.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Police Officers’ Training Certification by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Council.
- Age 21 at time of appointment
- Citizen of the United States
- Must never have been convicted of: 1) a felony, 2) a serious misdemeanor, 3) a series of offenses showing a disregard for constituted authority.
- Be of good character and have a good reputation in the community.
- Possess good judgment, tact, and initiative commensurate with the position and assignment as a Police Officer.
- Pass required polygraph exam, psychological screening, and medical exam.
- Pass required background investigation.
- Possess a valid driver’s license from the State of Ohio.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with the public.
- Ability to work any shift and when called in for emergencies.
- Ability to complete CPR and first aid certification requirements by the end of the probationary period.
- Ability to analyze situations rapidly and objectively, and determine proper course of action.
- Experienced in handling vehicles in normal and emergency conditions.
- Physical agility.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.
POSTING DATE: 2/1/2012
CLOSING DATE: N/A
Close Window | Print Details